Male Iguana on Campus

Male Iguana on Campus
He stopped by the Anatomy Labs for a brief photo-op.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Ups and Downs

I have been feeling a bit "low" lately. Rationally I think this could be attributed to stress from back-to-back exams. However I think not having much of a social life is starting wear on me. Friendship and loyalty have always been things that I hold dear, but lately I wonder who my "true" friends really are. Back home there is a greater opportunity to socialize and of course there will always be best friends and people that I have grown up with. But here, in this strange, isolated, psuedo-home that we have established for the sole purpose of getting through medical school, the same rules do not apply.

Yes it has finally hit me. Missing home, missing family, missing friends. And even more missing people who I can relate to on more than one level (academics). The stark reality is that medical school is difficult. But medical school is even more difficult with out a significant other or strong peer support system.

How do yogis spend years in the forest in isolation? I guess these experiences are supposed to make a person stronger.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, these experiences will make you a stronger person. Don't forget about the middle path. always be balanced <3

    ReplyDelete