Male Iguana on Campus

Male Iguana on Campus
He stopped by the Anatomy Labs for a brief photo-op.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

MUSIC!!!

MUSIC

It has been raining non-stop today. I suppose if I was "hip" or had the "latest technology" I'd easily be able to upload photos from whatever new-fangled I-whatever phone I have...but seeing as I prefer my simple island phone...no pictures. Just imagine the sound of intermittend showers--I'm talking, loud, tropical, Mansoon-like showers right outside your building. This has been going on since early this morning and doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon.

While I love a good rainy day such as this, my inner-clock and mental calendar is just thrown further into wack. I rarely know what day of the week it is anymore with out having to double check mentally. But such is the life of a med student--who cares what day it is? As long as you know Where to be and When and what to be Wearing/Carrying in your White Coat.

I have been taking more study breaks (maybe more than I should) by watching old youtube uploads of Indigo Girls concerts and interviews. It's fun to see how the two women's styles have changed over the years but how their music is essentially the same, both in quality and sound. As a real treat I try to find a trio done with Brandi Carlile (my not-so-secret lady folk heroine).

One of these days, hopefully soon, I can spontaneously learn a new song on my guitar. I'm getting sick of the old ones I play regularly. At the moment I'm trying to work on a Norah Jones guitar adaptation for "Happy Pills". The guitar seems decent but the vocals...a bit difficult.

Anyways, here's a video I thoroughly enjoyed watching today. 1 of 3 I've watched since it takes so long for anything to load on this island.


Amy Ray & Emily Saliers on David Letterman--1989

Enjoy.



*also I only have 91 days left on this island! hoorah! :) *

No comments:

Post a Comment