Male Iguana on Campus

Male Iguana on Campus
He stopped by the Anatomy Labs for a brief photo-op.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Packed and ready(ish)!

I'm all packed (all 5 suitcases plus a carry-on) and ready to start orientation for medical school!
Packing was quite a feat; I constantly went back and forth in mind trying to talk myself into only bringing 2 bags but in the end I sided on bringing too much. I figure I need to be comfortable when I'm in medical school and creature comforts are necessary when one is under stress. Therefore...I'm bringing everything.

Moving on from packing...my madre is accompanying me on my initial trip. We have to stay over in Puerto Rico for one night because there aren't any direct flights to Dominica. My father will join us later. It feels weird having my parents with me but it will give them a good chance to see where I'll be living for the next 2 years and also they qualify me to bring more checked bags (haha).
Don't know what to expect at all as far as living situation, culture-shock and most importantly medical school-shock. These are the 3 main burdens on my mind right now (two of which a U.S. student never has to worry about). I'm "looking forward" to only having to stress out about medical school!
And so the adventure begins.
Stay tuned for more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment