Male Iguana on Campus

Male Iguana on Campus
He stopped by the Anatomy Labs for a brief photo-op.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tonight! Dreams Come True!

Tonight I accomplished my 2 greatest goals for life on this island:

1) my friend Paul and I built a bonfire  on the beach with our bare hands! which was particularly impressive because:
 a) it just rained for 3 days and all the wood in the jungle was wet
 b) we didn't have lighter fluid or any of the fancy stuff you have in the US
  c) we actually cooked hotdogs and made smores!

2) I swam in the ocean at night with biolumenescent plankton!!!! The most amazing swimming experience here; at night at least. They sparkle all around you!

Tonight was amazing and I am so happy that I had some really good friends to share it with! The moon was full, the weather (which has been stormy) held out, and we ended the night with a light drizzle which put out our fire for us. What an amazing time! I finally feel like I've used my experience on this island to it's full potential. :)

Tonight, I love you Dominica. But I still hope that in a month, I will never have to return again.

Til Next Time Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment