Male Iguana on Campus

Male Iguana on Campus
He stopped by the Anatomy Labs for a brief photo-op.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Medocrity is the name of the game

So I found out that I did indeed Pass the First Block of medical school which means that I Don't have to repeat the semester and Can continue as a medical student. Hooray!

I don't know if I will ever get used to the fact that "Passing" is an achievement in medical school. I miss having B's and A's...those are much more gratifying than high C's :(
Hopefully eventually I will be able to start pulling my grades up. I think it will take some time to figure out how best to prepare for exams here, especially since testing is my greatest weakness.
Time to go celebrate mediocrity! Tomorrow is "Splash Bash" an awesome all day/night event held on the beach by Ross. They provide food, entertainment (kayaking, boating) and at night there is a beach bonfire! Of course there are a few parties afterward. We will see how burnt out I am by the end of this week. We all got pretty crazy after the last mini on Monday night :)
I am starting to miss Austin, my family and friends more and more. On the other hand I'm missing the conveniencies and luxuries of the U.S. less. Although I'm still bitter about how much stores rip us off for chocolate here.

More soon! Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment