Male Iguana on Campus

Male Iguana on Campus
He stopped by the Anatomy Labs for a brief photo-op.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Still alive!

Yes! I am still alive!
Right now I'm just trying to keep my head above the water.
Between classes and labs and problem-based learning sessions I barely have time to feed myself before studying until I'm too exhausted/mentally-wasted to stay awake. Then I wake up the next morning, hurl myself out of my apartment, catch the shuttle (hopefully) and start all over again.
It's been very rainy/stormy here and I'm finally getting a chance to use all my gear; full-length raincoat and boots. Umbrellas are useless here.
Classes are held in the "Annex" which is prob. about a mile away uphill so shuttles are preferable but I've had to walk on a few occasions that I overslept my alarm (not fun in the heat, even at 9 am).
Food is...well it's taken me up till now to find food that is healthy and won't upset my stomach.
I buy overpriced vegies from small shops and stands and try to cook (when I have the time) pasta or chinese food for the week. I supplement these meals with food from "the shacks", the string of shack restaurants on campus run by locals. Chicken is the main meat (no dairy cows or fresh milk here) and I've started to find tofu in select grocery shops. It's rough.
Classes are insane and I'm still in awe about the amount of information we are expected to retain, memorize and apply on a weekly basis. We have major exams (called Minis) every two weeks and this week I get a special treat: Friday I have histology lab practical, Monday I have my 2nd Mini followed by my first Anatomy practical. Kill me now.

Basically if I survive this semester it will be a miracle!

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment